September 28 - October 2 I visited Austin, Texas. It was a combined work/fun trip. Hey, if I'm already there, why not have a little fun, right?
These were my three favorite things:
1. The Jordans! I had some time to visit this fantastic family of Texans who fled Indiana for their homeland nearly two years ago. During my time with them, we went to IKEA, I learned all the crazy ins and outs of the school carpool, and there were some crazy shenanigans involving Elias's tooth:
2. Some pretty darn good food. Not only does Austin know how to barbeque, but they can also make a mean cupcake. My favorite spots were The Iron Cactus, County Line Barbeque, Rudy's, and Hey Cupcake. Yum!
3. The people I'll be working with in April. We have a big meeting in Austin coming up in the spring. I met with several hotel staff and vendors we'll be working with, and they were all pretty fantastic. These are the people who can make or break the meeting. And I'm sure they're going to make it.
1 comment:
you forgot about Whataburger???? So glad we finally got that dumb tooth out the day after you left. And then another one the following Monday!
Post a Comment