Monday, March 30, 2009

It always comes back to the music.

A lot of things I do seem to revolve around music. Karaoke, concerts, singing in the car...

Last night, Jess and I headed to Purdue to see the United tour again. Yes, the same one we went to last fall with Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith. And yes, the same one we will go to again next month when it comes to Indy. Groupies? Maybe. But it's a great show! This time, I snagged 5th row seats!

A few photos:

Geoff Moore (on the left) was there, too, to help promote SCC's organization, Show Hope. He sang a few songs with them, but we didn't get to hear any old-school Geoff Moore and the Distance songs.


Michael W. Smith!

Steven Curtis Chapman!

We parked at the top of a large parking garage, so after the show, we had a good 30-minute wait before we even moved. It's not often that I find a friend who, like myself, knows every word to every song on Jennifer Knapp's Kansas album. But Jess is that friend. It's our favorite album for singing on long drives late at night. Here's a little video of us:




Overall, another evening of great music and great fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many times do you think we have to go before they let us open the concert with our rendition of 'Undo Me?'

Elizabeth said...

That's so awesome you got to see them again. And so close. The other night on the way home I heard "Place in This World" and thought youth group before we'd graduated from high school and how sometimes now I'm not really any more sure of what I'm supposed to be doing then I was then. If I got a ticket to the show in Indy, do you think I could stay the night with you?