Sunday, January 4, 2009

Expectations & Reality

A few weeks ago, Aaron's sermon was about how we go through different seasons in our lives, and one of his points was that when we're going through winter, it seems as if it will never end. We often become impatient because we have an idea of what we think our life is supposed to be like. But many times, our ideas don't align with God's. One of the things Aaron asked us to do was complete the thought "By now I thought my life would be like..." 

Tonight, over a delicious new London Fog Tea Latte, I thought about that. Most of my readers probably have a good idea of how I expected things to be by now. Yeah, that's frustrating sometimes (and really frustrating at other times). But here's the kicker - I began thinking of all the things that have happened that I never could have imagined. Things I couldn't have planned if I'd tried. If my life had happened the way I'd planned, how many amazing things would I have missed out on? Lots of them.

2 comments:

2be said...

And now I must run to Starbucks. That Tea sounds way too good. And great way to finish that thought. :)

Jen said...

I totally agree Steph! I have often thought that some of the greatest things I have experienced, never would have been had life turned out the way I wanted it to. It's a great way to look at life :)