There's something really magical about sitting in a massage chair for 45 minutes while a person who barely speaks English clips your toenails, massages your feet and legs, and then adorns your toes with the color of your choice. And let's not forget to mention the razor that removes all the nasty dead skin. Even in the winter, pedicures are like a little glimpse of heaven.
But this one was necessary. I'm headed to Orlando this weekend -for a whole 48 hours - to enjoy a little warm weather, Mickey Mouse, and some time with my friend Josh. He is running his first marathon. I'll be at the finish line singing, "JOOOOOOOOOOSH!" (That's a High School Musical 3 reference in case you are confused.)
Josh and I have shared some interesting adventures, to say the least. I think one of my favorites was when I was puking on an airplane on the way to Germany and he was next to me flipping my overhead light on and off while singing DC Talk's "In the Light." Then he even carried the bag of puke to the restroom after the flight attendant gave him a dirty look when he tried to hand it off to her. Hopefully this weekend won't involve any puke, but if it should, I'll be there to clean it up. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment