Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Voting x 2

Today is a very important day... it is both the Indiana Primary, and the day we vote off an Idol contestant. I have thoughts on each of these important races.

Indiana Primary
I went to vote against someone, more than for someone. Seriously. How long have we been having elections? You'd think the polling places would be a little more organized by now. First, I was practically accosted by people telling me who to vote for and trying to hand me junk outside the school where I vote. Do people really show up not knowing who to vote for, then say, "Oh, I just got this flyer about Obama. I think I'll vote for him"? 

But moving on... then I went inside the gym. There were four or five different precincts voting in this gym. It took me a few minutes to figure this out. I wandered around a bit then realized I needed to look at the map taped to the wall. An 8.5x11 map, with no instructions. I then learned that I was precinct 25. The signs for the precincts were taped to the tables and they all had people standing in front of them. After asking about 7 people, I finally figured out which line I was supposed to be in. Someone in front of me waited in that whole long line just to learn he was in the wrong one and had to go wait again. Come on, people. If I had a tiny 8.5x11 map taped on the wall somewhere at one of our meetings, I'd never hear the end of it. How about some larger signs on easels? Some directions?

On another note, I am watching Idol and the Primary results are at the bottom of the screen. Someone named "Big Dog" ran for something. And "Big Al" ran for something else. I could never vote for someone who had "Big" in their name. Except maybe Mr. Big.

American Idol
Watching now... Jason Castro was ridiculously terrible. Which means dilemma for me... I really WANT Jason to go home, but if Syesha gets voted off, I will be 3 for 3 in our little contest at work. Do I want justice? Or do I want to win? Hmm. I will decide soon. But I will definitely be voting for David Cook. 

The only thing bad about my switch from AT&T to Verizon is that I can no longer text my votes.

No comments: