Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Playing with your food...

Today at lunch I had one of the most bizarre experiences ever. I don't think I am going to be able to adequately put it into words, but I will try.

Jane and I went out for Turkish food. I've been a semi-regular at the restaurant since it opened four or five years ago, and the owner always recognizes me. So we ate our lunch, and then Jane had a little piece of chicken and some lettuce left on her plate. The owner came over and said, "Are you listening to your plate? Is it saying something to you?" Uh... no?

Then he proceeded to talk as if he were the piece of chicken, saying things like, "Don't you like me? What is wrong with me? Why won't you eat the little baby chicken?" At this point, I think I am just making "the face," not sure what to think.

But then he kneels down at the table, takes the fork, and starts covering up the chicken with pieces of lettuce, saying it needs a nap. Then I began to lose it... I was trying not to laugh out loud... but you know how that goes.

This went on for a good five minutes. Next thing you know, he wasn't even using the fork. He was just touching the food with his hands, and he was even burping the baby chicken. By the end, I had tears streaming down my face. I couldn't breathe. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

all I can say is "Wow"...

ehouse said...

what the??!!