Today I was prepared, map in hand, to actually find radiology without getting lost in the maze that is Methodist Hospital. And I succeeded. Once I saw that fish tank, I knew I was home free. But then, they told me I had to go somewhere else. I believe the lady's instructions were something like, "turn left, then right, then left, then right and take the staff only elevators down one floor. Then turn left, right again, and walk down a really long hallway. It's so easy. You can't miss it." Um, ok, lady.
It didn't happen today, but usually, the tech says to me, "This may sound strange, but..." and I finish the sentence by saying, "Yeah, I know, I'm going to feel like I'm peeing on myself." Then we both have a good chuckle. (It's the dye they use that has that effect, if you were wondering. It's an all-over weird/creepy feeling.)
Today, the CT tech's name was Ralph. I'll just go ahead and answer a few of his questions:
- Yes, I know I am young to be having this test. Thanks.
- Yup, I'm also aware of John Ritter's cause of death. No need to mention it 15 times.
- Why, thank you for pointing that out. Yes, I did know that it is a very large needle. I'll be okay. Please don't make me look at it.
- And sure, I'd love to tell you THAT whole story. We do know each other so well and all...
After the CT, I was off to see my favorite NP. We spent more time talking about my shoes (seriously clearance-priced at Nordstrom) than medical issues.
And finally, all is well. No changes, and no news is good news!
1 comment:
You are such a trooper, Steph. I can't imagine the feelings that accompany this annual visit. I think you are doing the right thing, though. I am glad that everything checked out well - perhaps now you'll only have to endure Ralph every 18-24 months. Unfortunately radiology will probably move again by the time of your next visit.
Post a Comment