Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fun Weekend!

This weekend, Kate and I headed to Chicago to see Bon Jovi. It was my fourth Bon Jovi show... and I hope I get to go to [at least] four more! There's nothing quite like hearing thousands of people singing, "Shot through the heart, and you're to blame... You give love A BAD NAME!" Plus, Daughtry opened, which just added to the awesomeness of the evening.

There's always an interesting mix of people at Bon Jovi shows. Last night, our favorite was the lady next to me. She was middle-aged, half-drunk, and thinking she was hot stuff. I'm pretty sure she was there alone, too. Anyhow, about halfway through the show, she lit up a cigarette. That's definitely not allowed in the United Center. Kate and I were trying to figure out what was going on, and the people behind us were talking about it too, so I shot one of my famous looks to smoker lady. "No?" she says to me. "No," I reply with my best nasty attitude. So she put out the cigarette. (If you are wondering what my "best nasty attitude" no sounds like, just give me a call and I'll demonstrate.)

The girl behind us did a really good job with this photo. I was trying to explain how I wanted it to look, which is kind of hard when it's really loud. But there we are. With Bon Jovi. Probably the closest we'll ever get!

The production elements of the show were pretty fun. I kind of hate that I can't go to an event without noticing and analyzing random details, but I blame it on my career.

This may win the prize for most random event of the year, so far. John lives in Germany and we hadn't seen each other for about five years. But through the magic of Facebook, we figured out that we were both in Chi-town, so we met for a drink about 1 am. Totally past my bedtime. But totally worth it.

Kate and I really wanted to stay for nights 2 and 3 of Bon Jovi at the United Center, but alas, we had to come back to reality. It was fun while it lasted though... and a much-needed break from the craziness of the past few weeks.

1 comment:

The Murray Crew said...

Holy Cow, Blast from the Past! Jon and Brad found each other on FB too! That's awesome you got to see him. He's a cool dude. Glad you had a nice concert and didn't light up...I think I've heard that tone once or twice (perhaps with priceline)!!! =) I miss you and thanks for always making me smile with your blog entries!
Jen