Armed with my fun new school supplies, courtesy of Jordan, I embarked upon a new adventure today... the first day of school! (Ok, so it wasn't really the first day of school; it was the first day of orientation. But you know what I mean.)It was a long day... and I think it's safe to say that all 19 of us are pretty overwhelmed. This is going to be a lot of work. Part of me wonders what the heck I'm doing, but I think the end result will be worth the effort.
There was one semi-big disappointment today - I learned that this is going to take longer than I thought. It can be done in 18 months, but only two or three people have ever done it that way... and I met one of them today. He strongly recommended that we not try to finish in 18 months. So there go my plans of the big graduation party with my med student friends + Kate. I'll just have to have my own, later! I think I'm shooting for December 09 now, but by the end of the week it might be May 2010.
But... it'll be better in the long run to take a little longer to finish than to spend 30+ hours each week studying over the next 18 months. Goodbye life, hello books!
In other news, I went to Tysons Corner with two of my classmates this evening. It was good to get away for a bit and relax over dinner after a long day! Two and a half more to go! Then the REAL fun begins...
1 comment:
Steph - hang in there! You made the right decision - and you were accepted for a reason. WTH on the 30-hour/week schedule that was somehow swept under the rug? Do they think you are superhuman? I must say that I am a little bit disappointed that our grad's won't be together as well, but we will still be planning a big partay for your grad date.
So, it sounds like you're off to a good start to being "most popular" girl in your class. Maybe a little more "schmoozing" and some HSM lingo will get you "in" with the other 16! Where is that darn lunchbox when you need it?
Post a Comment