Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Shoot! I forgot one...

Really, I probably forgot more than one. But this one is worth an addendum.

We'll call it 5.1.

5.1 The Final Four

The 2010 Final Four was in Indy and dad and I thought it would be fun to go, so dad entered the lottery and we got tickets... long before we knew who would be playing. It was such a fun week in Indy, full of pep rallies and festivities for the home team. I had to go to Texas for work the Monday of the final game, so my pre-Butler-in-the-Final-Four plan was to go on Saturday, then dad would take someone else on Monday. All season, I kept saying that if Butler was in the final game, I was changing my flight, thinking there was no way that would happen. But then it did. The game didn't turn out the way we'd hoped, but it was still a good time. We left Indy at midnight that night, got to Louisville at 2am, then I slept till 4am, caught a 6am flight to Texas, and worked all day before crashing around 6pm. Totally worth it.

No comments: