Saturday, March 6, 2010

Surprise Encouragement

Believe it or not, I tend to overcommit just a tad and then end up completely stressed out. Like now, for example. I am in the midst of the busiest time of year at work, trying to finish my last class of grad school despite the raging senioritis, not to mention all of the other day-to-day things that make up life. This week seemed especially silly. Dumb things* kept happening that made me want to be really mad.

But every time I even thought about being mad, someone did something ridiculously awesome for me that made it impossible continue being angry.

Here are a few examples:

Monday night I came home to find not only a martini waiting for me in the fridge, but also a custom crossword puzzle.


These were a fantastic surprise, dropped off at my office for me.
(Except there were more of them...)


I got this in the mail from an old (not literally!) friend. Hilarious.


There seemed to be some extra kindness from co-workers this week, plus lunch with one of my besties, and let's not forget the phone call on Sunday that had me laughing so hard I was unable to speak. Either I am radiating stress and people think I'm completely on edge, or I just know some awesome folks. I'll go with the latter.

Thanks, friends. I'll do my best to pay it forward.

*Sorry, kids, not going into specifics on 'dumb things' here...

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I think God is just good like that. He brings just what we need right when we need it.

Congratulations on being on the home stretch! Keep it up. You can do it!