That's right. I got Super Mario Bros. for Christmas. And I knew this would happen. That's why I hadn't actually played it until yesterday. This is the stuff of which addictions are made. I've been yelling at turtles and Luigi and dragons and fire and Mario. A lot.
I was not good at this game when I was nine. I am not good at this game at 29, either. I've learned a lot of things over the past 20 years, but how to navigate underground worlds with my BFF is not one of those things.
But there are advantages to playing when you're an adult. You can do things like move your furniture to make your living room more conducive to video game-playing. Neat, eh? (My couch is generally not right in front of the television...)
Hopefully this newly-formed habit will not negatively affect my grades or my intention to graduate in a few months!
5 comments:
It's just a game, Steph. Don't let it take over your life. As my mom used to tell me when I would be shouting at the TV playing the original Super Mario Bros., IT'S TIME TO TAKE A BREAK. TURN THE GAME OFF.
i like your comment mark. i like the moving the couch thing... although i agree, i don't think having your couch there is very good for grades. i, on the other hand, am busy unlocking songs on hsm3 dance. i didn't know we'd have to start over when we put it in our wii... very disappointing... and yet challenging :)
I like the couch move, as well. I say leave it there! :)
All I have to say is...I WANT TO PLAY....Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz
my favorite part is that you can ride the little animal and make it swallow your partner and carry him to the finish. HILARIOUS! and i also like the mega-mario power.
everytime elias discovers something cool, he asks me if we had that part in the original. the answer is always the same..... no.
Post a Comment