Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Winter Weekend Getaway 3 of 3: New York City

What does a single girl do for Valentine's Day? Why, head to the top of the Empire State Building with a girlfriend, of course! Jess and I decided last fall that we should get outta town for the sometimes-dreaded holiday, and New York City was our getaway of choice. It was a fantastic weekend!

We arrived Friday afternoon and headed to the tkts booth to pick up some half price tickets for Pal Joey that evening. On Saturday, we slept in, went to the top of the Empire State Building, and then met up with my friend Christopher. We ate at Penelope, then we did one of the most fun things I've ever done... ever. We went to Little Korea, to the fourth floor of a random building, and rented this tiny room where we sang karaoke for an hour. Just the three of us. There was a couch, two flat screens, and a giant book of songs for us to choose from. Some highlights were my version of "All By Myself" (think Bridget Jones), Jess' "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," "Don't Stop Believin'" and "Footloose." And many, many more!

Jess and I had a late dinner at Asia de Cuba, which was way trendier than we are. It was a good time though, with excellent food. On Sunday morning, we did the Sex and the City tour, and got to see some of Carrie Bradshaw's favorite spots! Then there was shopping, and one final meal with Christopher before heading home.

Here are some photos:








4 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

Again, I am only left with the thought that people just really don't get any cooler than you. I love how fun you are and how you just put yourself out there and go do stuff!

Jen said...

How fun! I love it when single girls do fun things over Valentine's Day...we had a girls weekend too...just not in NYC.

You are so fun, my friend! Book me on one of your trips :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, the Zales heart? Worth the return. You were right. =)

meghan miller said...

i hope you guys made sure you didn't both wear your green coats. that would be embarrassing. embarrassing is hard to spell.