Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Comfort & Joy

One of the things that's good about crappy situations is that I tend to learn something about myself. Here's this week's lesson: When something bad happens, I tend to run for the comfortable and familiar. 

Last weekend, that meant tagging along with Jordan for a quick visit to Nashville, Tennessee, where I spent time with my friend Chelsey. I've known Chels for about 13 years. (Wow. That's a long time.) Even though I only see her a time or two each year now, she knows me, and she gets me. She asks the right questions, and speaks the truth when it's not always pretty. We didn't do anything amazingly spectacular - just kind of hung out. It was relaxing and refreshing. Just what I needed.

Ten hours in the car with good company and good music + ten hours with Chelsey + ten hours of sleep + a quick visit to the Pie and Ice Cream Kitchen with mom, dad, and Emma = the perfect weekend.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I am so glad you came! You made the car rides not only bearable but so much fun! No one makes a "mix tape" like SG. Hey, if your middle name started with A, you would SAG. How ironic would that be...

here's to many more road trips and "mix tapes"

Anonymous said...

I have major love for the Pie and Ice Cream Kitchen - why don't we have them here? Let's open a franchise!!!!
Kirsten