Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend of Fun (or stupidity)

I think it would be fair to say that this month has made its way onto my "Top 5 Craziest Months Ever" list. (No, I don't really have a list like that, I'm just saying...) It has been busy, frustrating, challenging, hilarious, exhausting, thought-provoking, fun and terrible... all at the same time. 

In the midst of the mayhem, I had a really fun weekend. I traveled most of last week for work, then ended by flying to Chicago to meet Kelly and Jess for the New Kids on the Block concert. If you knew me in the late 80s/early 90s, you know how big of a fan I was. Ok, and still am. It's funny how songs that you haven't heard in years can instantly come back to you. NKOTB, you were worth the 15 year wait! Here's a shot of my boys:


Jess, Kelly and I had fun times in Chicago!

Some say I'm spontaneous, but I think sometimes spontaneousness equals stupidity. Jess and I had talked awhile ago about going to see Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith in Merrillville, but knowing it was the day after we were driving home from Chicago, we had decided to forgo that one. But... on our way home from Chi-town, we saw the billboard... and were unable to resist. So, just a little over 24 hours after driving from Merrillville to Indy, we drove back to Merrillville for this once in a lifetime (ok, maybe not) opportunity. Saturday evening and Sunday on the way there, we were rocking out to some old-school MWS - the Go West Young Man and Change Your World albums, to be exact. On the way there, a crazy wind storm was blowing corn across the interstate. Welcome to Indiana. We were waiting for a cow to hit the windshield.

Needless to say, it was an awesome concert! We heard great songs, new and old... including "Friends." Ahhh, the memories.

Then we had to drive home.

Getting home at 1:30 am isn't the smartest thing to do on a Sunday night. But alas, we did have a good time in the car pretending to be Jennifer Knapp (and drinking our gas station coffee).

Here's a shot of two of the hottest 40-somethings out there: haha.




3 comments:

The Murray Crew said...

Oh to be Steph Garwood for One Weekend!

Much Love,
Jen and The Crew

PS We miss you...

Jordan said...

2 CCM Superheroes together on the same stage...your life is now complete i imagine.

Jenibug7 said...

Wow- you were really fast on that comment! Yes- he is the tree with Zaccheas in it! :)