Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Then & Now

Then: Summer 2000

Julie and I met when we were in college, a couple days before going to Turkey for eight weeks together. We, along with the others on our team, became fast friends. I even puked on her on the way there, and she didn't disown me. :) 

 This photo is on the way home. I was much less happy on the way there in the midst of my illness.
Here we are before heading out to the middle of nowhere (literally) for our village experience. I was SO sunburned in this photo! 

Now: September 2008

Julie and I hadn't seen each other since fall 2001. Last weekend, we spent a few days together in Phoenix. It was fun to catch up while relaxing at the lazy river at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort. (Yay for points!) Unfortunately, I got sick and spent most of Saturday in bed. But... at least I didn't puke on her again!

Pre-lazy river.
At the pretty fountain. And I don't think we've aged a bit! 

3 comments:

Tompkins News said...

I don't think we have aged either. And we didn't get sunburned which is a good accomplishment. I think you look great in our self picture. Very cute :)

Jordan said...

The lazy river facility looks amazing. Glad you got to go. Sorry that you were sick for some of it.

Josh DeVine said...

It's amazing to me to see those pictures... Was that really almost 10 years ago now???
Garsh, we're getting old.
Glad you and Julie had a blast... So sorry Ka-tah couldn't make it, though!