The item: a Jim Beam bottle that is a white bird with grey wings. "Jim Beam bottle?" you ask. Yep, that's right. For the past several years, she has been an avid collector of bottles. And no, she's not a drinker. At all.
But back to my trip to the flea market... I had about 15 minutes before I had to be home to leave for church. I was determined. I've not been nicknamed "eagle eyes" for nothing. (Side note: before I even got out of the parking lot, I saw a great mullet!)
So I walked in... and the place is bigger than I remember. Aisles and aisles of... junk before me. I dashed up and down the aisles, frantically looking for the bird bottle.
Did I mention that I hate birds? There aren't too many of Mamaw's bottles that I'm particularly fond of, but I especially dislike the ones who have eyes and look at me... birds, ducks, cats, poodles, you name it...
I really thought I would be able to find the thing. But amidst booth after booth of completely random things, I did not succeed. If anyone has ideas on what to get Mamaw, let me know...
2 comments:
I say a return trip to "Peddlers Mall" is the only viable suggestion. Failure just isn't an option when you're talking about Mamaw's bottle collection.
you might be able to find something similar at Goodwill. I don't know if it'll be the same though (this reminds me of spray painting a random cat to pass him off as the real family cat) I guess you could always make one too, but seeing how you have a fear of poodles, and birds I don't know if that would be a good idea.
Post a Comment