
What I do know is that orphan is no longer an abstract word. It is Lydia giggling as I sang her Bon Jovi and Reba songs. It is Claire, still happy even though she has a fever. It's Jackson, who has the most amazing smile I have ever seen. It's Isaac, pointing to the floor next to him saying, "Come here. No bye bye." It's Emerson, who is tiny and loves to be held.
Saying goodbye to the kids at Maria's was hard. More than hard. Not a day goes by that I don't think of those sweet kids. But I know they are well cared for at Maria's. And I know there is Hope.
- Visiting the Great Wall... we went up via ski lift and down on slides, Gatlinburg-style. Super fun.
- The Pearl Market, where we all worked on our bargaining skills. I think I even got "family price" on my "Jimmy Choo" purse. Unfortunately, my "Cartier" watch broke less than a week after coming home...
- The Rat-aurant. Not necessarily a good highlight, but definitely a memorable experience. A rat decided to join us for dinner one evening.
- Seeing things like seahorses on sticks at the night market... and watching a couple of my teammates partake of a scorpion.
We all know I'm no salesperson, but if I were, I would definitely talk you into becoming a Show Hope Sponsor. They are doing some amazing things in China, not to mention giving grants to families who are adopting.

No comments:
Post a Comment