Earlier today, I posed this question to a good friend:
Do we still have crushes when we’re 30?
Her answer made me laugh. In a nutshell, she said that yes, we do, but that they are not just on boys [we think] we want to marry.
So I thought I’d share a few things on which I currently have a crush:
Fried cheese at the State Fair. I know… surprise, surprise… Steph likes something at the State Fair. I don’t know why I waited this long to try the fried cheese, but with a little encouragement from the Millers, I decided to go for it.
My church. There’s some cool stuff going on there, and it seems to get better with each passing week. Aaron can kick our butts and make us laugh all within one 40-minute sermon. Then the worship team sings a song you have to download immediately when you get home.
Sweet Potato Fries. Just recently I discovered that Ore Ida sells frozen sweet potato fries. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it turns out they are delicious. I stocked up when they were on sale at Target!
Not being in school. Finishing school is perhaps the most awesome thing that has happened in the past few years. A Sunday afternoon with no worries of a looming midnight deadline is the best. Rest without guilt is a beautiful thing.
Grilling. I’ve had a grill at my house for at least two years, but had never used it until this summer. The grill got used, just not by me. That’s right… other people came over and grilled FOR me. That’s not a bad gig, by any means. But I decided I should figure it out for myself this summer. And you know what? I’m pretty good at it. Sure, my Kickin’ Chicken made our noses run, but it was totally worth it. Yes, I had to call Mark Olsen to ask how to grill corn on the cob, but I’m not ashamed to ask for help!
The new FFH album. One night I heard a familiar voice singing an unfamiliar song on the radio. It took me a minute to place it, but when I realized it was Jeromy Deibler of FFH fame (well, fame might be a strong word), I was pretty excited. I thought FFH had dropped off the face of the earth. But they’re back!
My reusable cup for iced coffee. Awesome roomie (this would be linked to her blog if she would start one!) has been making iced coffee for us this summer. But alas, we did not have an appropriate means of transporting it to work. Enter Bed Bath and Beyond. I found some pretty amazing plastic reusable cups there. They don’t even sweat!
Huddles Frozen Yogurt. Or should I say, “Huddles Frozen Yogurt on nights when it is not overrun with high school kids.” Lots of flavors. Lots of toppings. Enough said.
Amazon’s $5 Album Sale. I actually looked at all 1,200+ albums that are on sale the other day. Yikes. I am proud to say I only purchased three. Heart, Snow Patrol, and the 50 Greatest Pieces of Classical Music. What can I say… I have diverse musical tastes.
Baby Clothes. I will admit that I had hoped for a baby girl Olsen, but I am definitely finding some cute boy clothes for Andrew. Auntie Steph has promised not to buy him the Madonna onesie from Target, though. I picked up a pretty amazing outfit for Ryker's little brother, too, whom I only know as Baby D. He should be here any day now.
So there you have it. What are you crushing on this summer?
1 comment:
I totally love this. And not just because you referenced one of the greatest Jets songs of all time. (All time being the 80s.)
Post a Comment