Friday, February 26, 2010

A few of my favorite things.

I know, I know. I've been back from my trip for a week and have yet to blog. I'll go ahead and blame that on jet lag, school, and the fact that the Olympics are keeping me up way too late.

I love the Olympics. You probably know that by now. It's a hallmark event that brings people from all over the world together, not only to cheer on their country's team, but also to become an international community, if only for 17 days. People are generally kind and in great spirits. They cheer for countries they couldn't find on a map. They get caught up in the emotion of watching fantastic athletes who each have their own story.

I'll write more later, but for now, here are a few of my favorite memories from an amazing trip to Seattle and Vancouver:

This is at the Opening Ceremony. Being there was definitely one of the coolest experiences ever. It's hard to explain, though I do really like the word 'pageantry.'

Holly and me just after the cauldron was lit. Despite the minor malfunction, a glorious site, indeed.

Gold medalist Evan Lysacek! We attended the men's short program, where we saw 30 skaters.

Yes! That's me... and Matt Lauer! We got up at 3:30 am and went to Grouse Mountain for the Today Show. While I was a little angry when the alarm went off, later I was really glad that we went. We were on tv!

The outdoor cauldron... one of those "there it is, kids" kinds of things. But neat, nonetheless.

The last night of my trip, in Seattle, we went to see Bon Jovi. It was opening night for The Circle tour, and it was a great show! This was Bon Jovi show #5 for me... #6 is coming up this summer in Chicago!

1 comment:

meghan miller said...

I think it's funny that you went to China where I can't imagine internet is the most accessible and it had its own blog. Then you go to Canada where I would think it might be a bit easier and we wait and wait :)

I'm not sure if I spelled accessible right... but i've been up a really long time.