Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'll meet you at the deep fried pizza...

Today I took the afternoon off and - you guessed it - went to the State Fair. This was trip number four. I must say, going on an afternoon during the week when school has already started is pretty amazing. I met up with Abby and Ryker to take advantage of the $2 food specials.

Deep fried pizza. I have to admit, this let me down. It was basically an elephant ear with some tomato sauce and parmesan cheese on it.


This was my favorite food of the day- a chicken parfait. Weird, I know, but yummy. It's barbeque sauce, pulled chicken and mashed potatoes.

The top of the parfait... a nice little smiley face with chicken nose.

Strawberry shortcake. Yum.


Deep fried cookie dough. I would give it a B+.

Non-food fair photos:


Love these two!


Ryker chilled in the stroller and took in all the sights and sounds of the fair. And old ladies LOVE him!


Yes, friends, this is a "Christian" pumpkin...


Ryker was not impressed with the animals.

I wonder if he has a complex...

Ok, well I think today was my last trip to the fair, but I'm not making any promises. It's still open for five more days, so we'll see.

2 comments:

hellothisisjeff said...

No way! The deep fried cookie dough is an A+ all the way! :)

Jordan said...

My stomach is growling looking at these treats. I think the should change the name of the chicken parfait to "chicken cup" or "clucky casserole"; parfait implies ice cream or at least sweet, which kind of ruins the concept for me.

How I miss the Dairy Barn and Pork Tent...hopefully they have these places at the KY State Fair!