Friday, December 5, 2008

Big-Haired Flight Attendants

I'm currently sitting at the food court in Chicago's Midway Airport. (DELAYED is a word I've seen more than once this week.)

As I contemplate the ins and outs of travel, I wonder... are flight attendants told during training that big hair is essential to the job? Don't get me wrong - I respect these people. They have a job that's often crappy and most of them are a lot nicer than I would be if put into the same situation. But I'm pretty sure that about 49 out of every 50 flight attendants have both enormous hair and too much make-up. Any idea why?

2 comments:

Josh DeVine said...

Good observation.

Another one... I tend to trust the pilots who share their first AND last names. Just builds a bit more rapport, if you ask me... :-)

Happy travels!

Jordan said...

I have not seen as much big hair during these travels. However, I have had quite a few male flight attendants...and big hair just is not as easy for them I suppose.

I will keep my eyes open for the Aquanet and Rain today. We'll see what kind of game the Frontier staff can bring today in the hairspray battles of the sky.