Sunday, November 16, 2008

Reliving my childhood

I used to go to Gatlinburg pretty much every year for fall break with my family. Often, other families from our church would go at the same time. There are many good memories of those trips. This weekend, I went to Gatlinburg with eight people from my small group. It was a lot of fun reliving some of those things...

We packed a lot into a few days. We went to Fannie Farkle's three times, went on the sky lift, into the mirror maze, to the outlet mall, the aquarium, mini-golf, and the Pancake Pantry. Plus, we still found time for some quality porch-sitting and hot tubbing. We tried for the alpine slides, but they were closed because of rain.


What's with this? We used to eat at the Brass Lantern. But apparently it's just "Brass" now. Where did the lantern go? (I think it might be under that fall foliage.)

In middle school, I spent hours and who knows how much money at Fannie Farkle's. It turns out my friend Jess did, too, so we were super excited to introduce this amazing place to our friends. We played ski ball, and redeemed our tickets for a frisbee and a magic wand, among other things. I can still smell the sauerkraut... And where else can I hit Mark with an inflatable hammer?

Top of the sky lift!

Yummmm... the Donut Friar. Always a favorite.


My friend Ashley from middle school lives near Gatlinburg, so we got to spend some time together on Saturday. It was great to catch up with her... we've only seen each other a few times since she moved away in 9th grade.

No comments: