Friday, August 1, 2008

Who dunnit?

Before I could make it inside the building this morning, a co-worker said to me, "Where's the board?" I responded with "Huh?" He said, "You'll see when you get inside."

And that, I did.

Near the front desk at our office, we have a 70s-looking board with everyone's name on it. It has magnets to mark when you are in or out of the office. (To be honest, I never use the thing. I come in the door at the other end of the building and rarely make it to the front desk.)

Then I saw the email... someone stole the in/out board yesterday! Oh, the drama! Commentary ensued, such as a suggestion to check eBay for it, and some quotes from "The Jerk." Later in the morning, we were assured that no questions would be asked if the board were returned.

By the afternoon, some people were wearing stickers saying things such as "person of interest," "friend of person of interest," and "suspect."

Will the in/out board ever show up? Only time will tell if this great mystery will be solved.

Note: This photo is not our actual board... unfortunately no photos of ours exist.

No comments: