Monday, December 17, 2007

Oh Noah, why must you do this to me?


Noah, you've let me down not once, but twice this month! First, I waited in a terribly slow line for you. Since it's Christmas, that was forgivable. Then we went through that whole treadmill debacle together. I thought we'd bonded.

But tonight... when I saw you on the shelf at Kohl's as a special "gift set" with three additional pieces, and a dvd, I felt betrayed. Two little plastic turtles, a little girl, and a dvd that most likely, like the other "Little People" dvds, has Aaron Neville singing the theme song...

To make matters worse, you were cheaper at Kohl's! Yes, you were marked at a much higher price, but you can't fool me. I know that one never pays sticker price at Kohl's!

I'll admit... I debated. "If I re-purchase Noah and the animals, am I letting him win?" I thought to myself. "A cheaper price and more pieces, or a wait in another long Toys R Us line?" Well, Noah, you win. Are you happy now? There are not one, but two of you in my house right now.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Cruel man...good thing he has an ark to survive the flood of tears he has caused you to create.

Jordan said...

what did Emma think of Noah? She sounds very articulate!